Are you ready to join an exciting design team where there is opportunity to grow? Are you over the tiring NYC commute? You may be the perfect candidate!
We are a respected and fast growing boutique planning and design firm based in Montclair, NJ looking for an experienced Landscape Architect to join our team.
Our Landscape Architect will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be driven to grow with us. They will meet with our private developer clients and take projects from concept to design to implementation. Building relationships while creating innovative design solutions will be the position’s primary responsibilities. Working alongside our in-house team, the Landscape Architect will wear multiple hats acting as designer, project manager and primary point of contact for new and developing projects.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit comfortable working in a boutique, studio environment.
- A minimum of 3 years (ideally 5-7+ years) demonstrated success as a client facing Landscape Architect with experience designing for large mixed-use, multi-unit residential and commercial projects. Candidates with experience with public clients designing streetscape and public spaces will also be considered.
- Licensed Landscape Architect in New Jersey. New York and other states a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with AutoCad, Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and SketchUp.
- Advanced experience in the development of projects from concept through to construction. Construction documentation and detailing experience is a must.
- Experience providing professional testimony for municipal Boards (i.e. Planning Board etc)
- The confidence and drive to develop relationships and drive team members, clients and contractors to push projects and strive for excellence.
- Excellent organizational skills and an unquestionable attention to detail.
- The communication skills required to impress clients, vendors and coworkers, verbally, written and graphically.
- The ability to complete tasks with speed and a sense of urgency.
- Integrity, initiative, and a proven work ethic.
- A team player mentality. We don’t need a superhero with a super ego.
We offer a starting salary commensurate with experience. We will also consider a less experienced candidate with great potential. Medical benefits, 401k and paid time off are also standard.
Candidates who submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio samples (PDF or website link) AND reference job code 47ASLA to HiringNextLevel@gmail.com will be considered for the next step in the hiring process.
No calls or walk-ins, please.