We are an established and respected Transportation company based in Kearny, NJ that specializes in the delivery of fragile, high-end freight. We are growing and are looking for the right person to join our team as Dispatch Manager
The Dispatch Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and profitable operations of all scheduling and delivery activity. As the primary manager responsible for successful and on-time delivery, this position will manage dispatchers, drivers, helpers and support personnel. This position will report directly to our Operations Manager.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated success in dispatch, delivery and transportation in the Northeast US, specifically NY Metro/Tri-state area.
- Previous experience managing, training and holding accountable a diverse team of drivers and employees.
- Experience using routing software and good technical/computer skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- The willingness and ability to master company systems and software. (Huge!)
- A focus on customer satisfaction and willingness to be client facing.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace safety regulations.
- The communication skills required to interact with customers, executives, drivers, helpers, knuckleheads, idiots and the occasional crazy person.
- The willingness and ability to be hands-on as needed. (Sometimes you just have to make the delivery yourself!)
Additional desired qualifications:
- Bilingual English/Spanish. (English mastery required!)
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- OSHA/DOT certification(s).
- Must have clean driving record.
This position is full time at our distribution center in Kearny, NJ. Full time is Monday – Friday, 45+ hours weekly and we offer a starting salary of $54-58k, based upon skill set and experience. Additionally, we offer company co-paid medical insurance, access to group Dental/Vision/Aflac and company matched IRA. Paid time off is also available.
Candidates who submit a cover letter, resume AND reference job code38FMDM to HiringNextLevel@gmail.com will be considered for the next step in the hiring process.
No calls or walk-ins, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.