We are an established and respected Transportation company based in Kearny, NJ that specializes in the delivery of fragile, high-end freight. We are growing and are looking for the right person to join our team as Dispatcher
The Dispatcher is responsible for ensuring successful and on-time delivery, scheduling all delivery crews and drivers, and communicating with the Sales and Customer Service departments regarding special requests, schedule changes, and special instructions. This position will report directly to our Operations Manager.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated success in trucking dispatch, delivery and transportation in the Northeast US, specifically NY Metro/Tri-state area.
- Experience working with dispatch management software and possess the willingness and ability to master company systems and software (huge!)
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Integrity, initiative and a proven work ethic.
- A focus on customer satisfaction and willingness to be client facing.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace safety regulations.
- The communication skills required to interact with customers, executives, drivers, helpers and the occasional crazy person.
- The willingness and ability to be hands-on as needed. (Sometimes you just have to make the delivery yourself!)
Additional desired qualifications:
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- OSHA/DOT certification(s).
- Must have clean driving record.
This position is full time at our distribution center in Kearny, NJ. Full time is Monday – Friday, 45+ hours weekly and we offer a starting salary of $41-45k, based upon skill set and experience. Additionally, we offer company co-paid medical insurance, access to group Dental/Vision/Aflac and company matched IRA. Paid time off is also available.
Candidates who submit a cover letter, resume AND reference job code 38FMDD to HiringNextLevel@gmail.com will be considered for the next step in the hiring process.
No calls or walk-ins, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.